Corporate Social Responsibility
Being a socially responsible company makes good business sense. Striving to achieve a balance between economic, social and environmental activity is in the long-term interests of our Company and the communities where we operate.
The key principles of our approach to corporate social responsibility (CSR) include considering how our products and people can help build a more resilient society, advancing our understanding of and responses to climate change risks — including reducing our own environmental impact, and ensuring strong governance and compliance practices.
Our colleagues engage in our CSR programs in a number of ways, from working on our regional charity committees to volunteering during the Company’s Global Day of Giving and other local initiatives to taking advantage of the XL Catlin Matching Gifts and Funds program.
Our key drivers are:
- To lead our market in sustainability and create a more resilient organization through innovative programmes and actions, which are recognized through independent validation and our competitors admire.
- To enhance our brand reputation through applying our ‘Commitments’, continuous communication, and making positive impacts within our communities.
- To exceed expectations of good corporate citizenship through greater transparency and reporting of Environmental, Social and Governance metrics.
- To develop greater pride among our XL Catlin colleagues, clients, brokers, investors and suppliers, in order to become the number one employer and business partner of choice.
- To build the business ethically, responsibly and sustainably.