Construction/Erection All-Risk (CAR/EAR)
XL Group offers coverage to national and multinational companies for public and
private infrastructure projects. We focus on providing protection to support project finance solutions.
(Coverage provided for worldwide exposure)
– Up to USD 100 million on a maximum foreseeable loss basis
– Additional capacity may be available
– Delay in start-up
– Third-party liability for onsite activities (except US, Canada, Australia and New Zealand)
– Substantial global wind, flood and earthquake capacity
– Turnover coverages available to certain clients with construction/erection exposures
– Special package policies ranging from marine cargo to construction/erection phases, which can include the first 12 months operational risk
– Companies with sums insured starting at USD 100 million
– Companies with sound risk management programs in place or being implemented
Typical Information Required
Policy terms/coverages required
– Project description
– Limits of coverage needed
– Project time schedules
– Site/engineering plans
– Project value breakdown
– Additional information as needed
Benefits & Services
– Global fronting
– Ability to issue locally admitted policies
– Knowledge of local rules and regulations
– Global claims network
– Prompt and equitable claims handling
– Effective solutions for the most complicated claim issues
– Association/partnership with leading industry field experts
– Ability to work with approved third-party claims adjusters
– Risk control and loss prevention services
Quota share and excess of loss
Per project<br />- <u>Co-insurance</u>: USD 50,000 <br />- <u>Lead</u>: USD 100,000 <br />Package<br />- USD 250,000<br />
This general product description is informational only. It is neither an offer to sell nor a solicitation to purchase any particular insurance product. Products are subject to legal and underwriting requirements. Coverages may not be available in all jurisdictions, including without limitation any jurisdiction within the United States, and may be available only through appropriately licensed producers. In addition, XL GAPS’s provision of publications or services is not an indication of the existence or availability under any policy of coverage for any particular property or type of loss or damage. Policies underwritten from Bermuda are only available through non US-based brokers. The Insurance companies of XL Group plc are: Greenwich Insurance Company, Indian Harbor Insurance Company, XL Insurance America, Inc., XL Specialty Insurance Company, XL Select Insurance Company, XL Insurance Company of New York Inc., XL Insurance (Bermuda) Ltd, XL Insurance Company Limited, XL Insurance Switzerland Ltd, XL Insurance (China) Company Limited, XL Insurance Argentina SA Compañia de Seguros and XL Insurance Mexico SA de CV. Coverages placed with Lloyd’s Syndicate #1209 are managed by XL London Market Ltd and supported by XL corporate members at Lloyd’s. Additional important information regarding our business is provided on our Legal Notices page.
Gary S. Kaplan
Gary leads a team focused on building long-term relationships with contractors, clearly understanding their changing business needs and ...
Scott built and leads our Construction Risk Engineering team. Guided by his more than 30 years of experience with residential and commer ...
Jürgen is a risk management coach at the Insurance Institute in Switzerland. His skill at working with diverse cultures and his extensiv ...
Max has broad experience working globally across cultures and specialized knowledge in tailoring insurance solutions for large, complex ...