XL Group’s equipment breakdown underwriters think like plant managers. We work with our clients to help ensure that their equipment is reliable and that effective contingency plans are in place.
(Coverage provided for worldwide exposure)
- - Up to USD 300 million
- - Coverage available on a primary or excess basis
- - Expanded definition of covered property includes accounts receivable and transportable off site equipment
- - Broadened contingent business income coverage premises include attraction properties as well as suppliers/customers
- - Utility interruption services expanded to include internet access, wide area networks and data transmission
- - Claims preparation costs related to professionals hired in the certification of your claim are covered
- - Broadened perishable goods coverage including control of damaged property
- - System installation coverage for newly installed equipment or equipment in the course of construction
- - Repair or replacement valuation includes additional costs associated with environmental, efficiency or safety enhancements—up to 150%
- - Restoration period begins at the time the breakdown occurred; no penalties for late reporting
- - Property damage deductible waiver option available
Elimination of Restrictions
- - No restrictions for covered equipment that suffers a breakdown while undergoing a pressure or electrical test
- - No utility interruption waiting period applied to perishable goods losses
- - No exclusion for excavation of piping, vessels and cable enclosed in conduit
Any occupancy, including, but not limited to the following:
– Food manufacturing
– Cold storage warehouses
– Real estate
Typical Information Required
– Policy terms/coverages required
– Schedule of values
– Description of operations
– Five-year loss history
– Location engineering information and surveys
Benefits & Services
– Loss-control services provided through B&PC and XL GAPS
– Jurisdictional inspections
– Risk assessments
– Additional loss control services, including transformer oil and gas analysis, lubricating oil analysis and infrared
Brian draws on his experience as a loss control engineer, claim manager, broker and underwriter when he serves each of his clients.
Jürgen is a risk management coach at the Insurance Institute in Switzerland. His skill at working with diverse cultures and his extensive...
John A. Frank
John applies research, industry knowledge and firefighting experience to solve highly technical client loss prevention problems and to sh...
With nearly 20 years in the industry and broad experience with upstream and offshore insurance, Elliot finds solutions to clients’ ...
Customer responsiveness and focus is key to our overall value proposition. As Head of GAPS, I will be focused on separating our services ...
Li Lian Soong
During my more than 20 years in the (re)insurance industry, I’ve held a number of senior underwriting and claims positions in diffe...
This general product description is informational only. It is neither an offer to sell nor a solicitation to purchase any particular insurance product. Products are subject to legal and underwriting requirements. Coverages may not be available in all jurisdictions, including without limitation any jurisdiction within the United States, and may be available only through appropriately licensed producers. In addition, XL GAPS’s provision of publications or services is not an indication of the existence or availability under any policy of coverage for any particular property or type of loss or damage. Policies underwritten from Bermuda are only available through non US-based brokers. The Insurance companies of XL Group plc are: Greenwich Insurance Company, Indian Harbor Insurance Company, XL Insurance America, Inc., XL Specialty Insurance Company, XL Insurance Company of New York Inc., XL Insurance (Bermuda) Ltd, XL Insurance Company SE*, XL Insurance Switzerland Ltd, XL Insurance (China) Company Limited, XL Insurance Argentina SA Compañia de Seguros and XL Insurance Mexico SA de CV. Coverages placed with Lloyd’s Syndicate #1209 are managed by XL London Market Ltd and supported by XL corporate members at Lloyd’s. Additional important information regarding our business is provided on our Legal Notices page.
* XL Insurance Company SE carries on business in Canada as XL Insurance Company Limited.