Political Risk & Trade Credit
XL Group offers supplier trade credit coverage as a subset of traditional whole-turnover, ground-up trade credit insurance. The product is predominantly for trade receivables provided on an excess of loss basis. It provides flexible, multiparty coverage for key accounts.
(Coverage provided for worldwide exposure)
- - Up to USD 75 million per individual buyer risk
- - Maximum tenor: 360 days
- Comprehensive non-payment coverage
- Typically deductible or excess layer structure
- Discretionary Credit Limits with key account underwriting
- Non-cancelable credit limits available
- Short-term policy period (generally up to one year)
- Complements other Political Risk and Trade Credit coverage types
Medium to large domestic and multinational businesses across a variety of industries, including manufacturers, service providers and trading companies with sales to customers in both developed and emerging markets.
Typical Information Required
- - Summary of obligations to be covered
- - Coverages being requested and tenor requirements
- - Audited financial statements
- - Summary of the insured’s experience with potential counterparties
- - Receivables aging and ledger experience
Benefits & Services
- Underwriting locations in New York, London and Singapore providing local, same-time zone access to our global capabilities
- Ability to issue policies from the US, UK and Singapore
- Dedicated, specialized Supplier Trade Credit team
This general product description is informational only. It is neither an offer to sell nor a solicitation to purchase any particular insurance product. Products are subject to legal and underwriting requirements. Coverages may not be available in all jurisdictions, including without limitation any jurisdiction within the United States, and may be available only through appropriately licensed producers. In addition, XL GAPS’s provision of publications or services is not an indication of the existence or availability under any policy of coverage for any particular property or type of loss or damage. Policies underwritten from Bermuda are only available through non US-based brokers. The Insurance companies of XL Group plc are: Greenwich Insurance Company, Indian Harbor Insurance Company, XL Insurance America, Inc., XL Specialty Insurance Company, XL Select Insurance Company, XL Insurance Company of New York Inc., XL Insurance (Bermuda) Ltd, XL Insurance Company Limited, XL Insurance Switzerland Ltd, XL Insurance (China) Company Limited, XL Insurance Argentina SA Compañia de Seguros and XL Insurance Mexico SA de CV. Coverages placed with Lloyd’s Syndicate #1209 are managed by XL London Market Ltd and supported by XL corporate members at Lloyd’s. Additional important information regarding our business is provided on our Legal Notices page.