Rich Corbett, head of XL Insurance’s Global Environmental unit, said: “These coverage enhancements are a convergence of 25 years of best practices in the environmental industry. Through ongoing discussions with brokers and our customers, we continuously review our pollution policies and look at how our policies can be improved and modernized to meet the construction industry’s risk management needs as they change.”
The enhancements, available through a group of endorsements, are designed to extend contractors pollution coverage for waste disposal, owned locations, emergency response, installations and natural resource damages.
”In the past, these coverages may have been requested individually and added to a contractor’s Pollution Legal Liability coverage,” said Mr. Corbett. “To thoroughly address a contractor’s environmental liability concerns, we’ve created a coordinated group of endorsements offering more environmental coverage.”
The XL Insurance Contractor’s Pollution Liability Construction endorsements include:
- Emergency cleanup costs up to $500,000 for a period of 7 days without pre-notification, a limit that exceeds other coverages available in the marketplace
- Coverage against sudden and accidental pollution that originates and migrates from owned locations such as offices and equipment yards
- Disposal of construction and demolition debris at non-owned disposal sites
- Pollution coverage for transportation beyond the jobsite
- Extended coverage for environmental liability that can arise in the assembly, fabrication or installation of products
- Clear coverage terms for mold and natural resource damages
- Third-party property damage
Available with liability limits up to $50 million, the XL Insurance Contractor’s Pollution Liability Construction package is underwritten by XL Specialty Insurance Company, Greenwich Insurance Company and Indian Harbor Insurance Company.
About XL Insurance
"XL Insurance" is the global brand used by member insurers of the XL Capital Ltd (NYSE: XL) group of companies. More information about XL Insurance and its products are available at www.xlinsurance.com. Through its operating subsidiaries, XL Capital Ltd is a leading provider of global insurance and reinsurance coverage and services to industrial, commercial and professional service firms, insurance companies, and other enterprises on a worldwide basis. More information about XL Capital Ltd is available at www.xlgroup.com.