Technology Errors & Omissions Coverage
Read about risk
Explore our thought leadership content. Access tools you can use.Learn more
Our policy includes coverage for:
- Negligent misrepresentation or breach of duty
- Injury to a person arising out of defamation, including libel, slander, or other defamatory or disparaging statements or material
- Infringement of an intellectual property right such as copyright, trademark and domain name
- The failure of technology products to perform the intended function or serve their intended purpose; and the failure of technology services, professional services or technology products to meet any applicable legal or industry standard concerning quality, safety or fitness for a particular purpose.
- Negligent creation, design, distribution, manufacturing of computer or computer or telecommunications hardware or software products, components or peripherals or electronic products or components sold by or on behalf and for the benefit of an Insured; and leased or licensed by an Insured to third parties, including software updates, service packs and other maintenance releases provided for such products.
- Acts, errors or omissions in the failure of rendering any of the following Technology Services: computer, cloud computing, information technology, telecommunications, electronic services including but not limited to data processing, data and application hosting, the provision of managed services, software as a service (SaaS), platform as a service (PaaS), infrastructure as a service (IaaS), network as a service (NaaS), computer system installation, management repair, and maintenance, network design and internet service.
Benefits and Services
- A broadened technology services and products definition with the ability to customize any other professional service.
- As part of our Cyber coverage, we provide access to best-in-class breach response services with specialized teams who are ready to help 24/7.
- We are supported by an experienced Claims Department, in house legal team and use several leading global insurance law firms.
- Technology companies: software developers, hardware manufacturers, cloud service providers, system integrators, IT consultants
- Telecommunication companies: wireline, wireless, VOIP, cable and DSL providers; telecommunication equipment
- Internet companies: social media companies, ISP’s, ASP’s, domain name registrars, web hosting services, development, design and maintenance of websites